MONICA R. KHIRALLAH
Criminal Defense Attorney
Former state prosecutor Monica Ramirez Khirallah has successfully represented thousands of persons facing criminal charges and has tried over 80 cases to a jury. She is highly rated by former clients who praise her zealous advocacy, compassion, and experience in the courtroom. Monica started her criminal law practice at the Denton County District Attorney’s Office where she became Chief of County Criminal Court Number 5. In 2015, Monica left the District Attorney’s office to begin a criminal defense practice.
In 2020, she joined BCP Criminal Defense attorneys where she is a zealous advocate for her clients. Whether your case involves mitigation and damage control or a fight to ensure justice, Monica has garnered the trust and confidence of those she represents and she works tirelessly to secure the very best possible outcome. Monica is fluent in Spanish and is a passionate voice for the Spanish speaking community.
She resides in her hometown of Boerne, Texas with her husband David, a Partner at Thompson Coe Cousins and Irons. Monica and David are the proud parents of four boys, Davey, Daniel †, Gabriel, and Charlie. When Monica is not in the courtroom, you can find her chasing the boys on their family ranch.
HONORS & REWARDS
- Avvo Top Rating 10.0
“Texas Rising Star” 2020 by Thomson Reuters
“Texas Super Lawyer” 2020 by Thomson Reuters
- National Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2018, 2019, 2020
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2020
- Kendall County Bar Association, Member, 2020
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2019, 2020
- Denton County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, Treasurer 2019
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
“Top 40 Under 40″ 2018 and 2019 by TheNational Trial Lawyers AssociationRecipient of the Client Satisfaction Award by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys 2019 and 2020
- Juvenile Law
- B.A. in Politics and Spanish, University of Dallas
- Ave Maria School of Law, Naples, Florida